Thursday, October 28, 2010

Quirky Thursday: Brushing Teeth

Because I enjoy reading people's "101 Things About Me", but know that I lack the discipline to follow through in compiling 101 things in one post, Quirky Thursday was born.

*****

This week's quirky Thursday is all about how much I dislike watching other people brush their teeth. I'm not quite sure how to explain why. It might be that I don't like spit. Mine or anyone else's. All I know is that as far back as I can remember, it's made me gag to watch other people slowly foam at the mouth, and even worse, hear gobs of it spatter into the sink. I actually think I need to take a break from writing about it...

Most of my high school friends know not to brush their teeth and talk to me. I even make myself gag when I'm brushing my own teeth if any foam gets on the outside of my mouth. And I never spit toothpaste out before putting a handful of water in to rinse. I'm usually not in the bathroom at the same time Ryan is brushing his teeth. And I've tried, maybe only a handful of times, to brush the girls' teeth. But they're the worst, because they just swallow their foam. {dry heave.} That's become Ryan's duty when possible.

And that concludes another random quirk about myself. So now you know not to try to have a heart-to-heart with me at the bathroom sink. It will have to wait until after personal hygiene activities are over.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

And now I'm wondering how many times I've done this in front of you, not realizing it. My deepest apologies.

Anonymous said...

I did not know this about you. Interesting. Suddenly I'm insecure and scouring my memory for a time I might have brushed my teeth in front of you. I'm sorry if I did.

Actually, you probably shouldn't have admitted this to the world. Next time we stay with you guys, I'm pretty sure Jared and I will be swallowing large amounts of toothpaste foam in your presence. Like, at the dinner table.