Friday, November 05, 2010

Off to Work She Goes.

Alexia has been a daddy's girl for most of her life. In distress, she would crawl past my open arms to get to Ryan for comfort. But in the past month she has taken pretty well to waving goodbye from the doorstep to Ryan as he drives off to work. Throughout the day she'll often remind me that "Daddy's workin". And I'll nod my head to affirm that she is correct.

Just a couple weeks ago, she was putting on her boots and looking for her hat, which I thought was just a game of dress-up. The sliding door was open and she was freely walking in and out of the house, saying "bye mommy" every time she stepped outside. Not paying too much attention, I responded with a "bye Alexia" every time as well. But one time, she got all up in my face (I was on the computer), and said "Mommy. Bye." So I finally looked her in the eye and asked, "Where are you going?" Hands in her pockets, she said, "I go to work. Bye!"


And then she came back in again all puckered up for a goodbye kiss.


And then she continued to walk away saying, "Bye Mommy" and waving with a look in her eye that said, "No seriously, I'm really leaving this time." 



To say the least, she's quite intrigued with the whole process of Ryan getting ready for work and then leaving. 



It's less traumatizing for all of us now that she has embraced Ryan leaving for work every day. But it's also sad to see her being all grown up. 





1 comment:

Lauren Burleigh said...

I love your posts! And think that your really great too!