Monday, November 29, 2010

A Few Things.

A few things happened this morning. Naiya eating her breakfast, Alexia and I eating a mid-morning snack of crackers and hummus, Christmas music in the background spurned me to dance in my chair.  Looking back and forth at each girl for some well-earned (at least I thought) giggles.

Their response?

No giggles.

Naiya shook her head saying, "no, no".

Alexia looks at me in all seriousness and says, "Mommy, please don't dance."

Well then.

And another comment that surprised me this morning. Alexia and I went to go get Naiya up this morning and she asks me, "Mommy, can I hold my sister?" {heart melting}

This is the first time I've heard her refer to Naiya as her sister. Such a sweet thing to see her realize their relationship. Sister, and hopefully BFF.

Oh, and by the way, the detox is over. Life is so much better with caffeine. It ended yesterday. So maybe I could find a happy medium of not having two or three espressos throughout the day. Maybe just one regular cup of coffee in the morning could satisfy.

Go ahead, laugh. All you loyal caffeine drinkers that knew I would come to my senses and be back.

Cheers.

1 comment:

Lauren Burleigh said...

Welcome back, friend!(: