Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Pioneer Woman.

I've found a new blog.

The Pioneer Woman

Well, it's a blog I've known about, heard about, but I recently honed in on her Homemade Donut recipe (I was inspired by you, Di!) and have been hooked for the past couple of days.

I think the first time I checked out her blog, the homepage seemed really busy and it made my head spin. I quickly get stimulation-overload. But after I took some time to poke around her blog, it seems as if she is a jack of all (or at least many) trades, so of course her blog is loaded.

My current mission: to make these babies. My sister-in-law has agreed to bake them with me. This way, I can laugh with her instead of cry by myself if it's a total failure. I have a tendency to make things (as Ryan calls it) a total boondoggle.

My future mission: to take on her photography challenges.

I'm also fascinated by her cowgirl life. I secretly wish I was born in the South. Or married to a cowboy. Although, it's not too much of a secret. I've confessed this to Ryan already. But something tells me my girls won't be wrangling cows. Nor will we don a bull skull on our living room mantle. A girl can dream though.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Yum. Those donuts look goo-oood.

Did you get my e-mail yesterday? We want you and the girls to come this weekend! If I don't hear back from you, I'll call you this afternoon to persuade you. We can have that girls'/craft weekend we keep talking about!

Anonymous said...

Funny, I just discovered PW recently too. I wrote Jared an email saying I wish he wore chaps and we raised cattle and our kids could run around a farm, perpetually dirty but totally happy. And I could spend my days cooking, taking pictures of cooking, and posting pictures of cooking on my website. Oh, and writing books about cooking.

There's just something so down-to-earth and simple about that lifestyle, and I'm super jealous. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I made her prosciutto and caramelized onion pizza. Add some goat cheese, and it is TO DIE FOR.

Lauren said...

can't wait to hear how they turn out! if you need a taste-tester, just let me know!

Kristie Seale said...

yes, isn't she awesome! I found her blog about 6 months ago.It has inspired me to get a new camera except that probably won't happen until Christmas since I want a really nice one. I didn't even get Jonathan's 12 month pics done because I cannot capture cute stuff with my camera. Ugh!

I am still working on a friend to take pics of us as a family and the boys.

Shan G. said...

Home girl...I think you married a little more of a cowboy than you think. I've just been hesitant to break out my cowboy hat not wanting to scare you. I also can never get you outside to work the dirt with me anyways so it's kind of a loosing battle. The grass is not greener...trust me, you'd have to work harder... :)