Saturday, August 28, 2010

Bows. Onesies. Girls Are So Fun.

I got the itch to create again.

After catching up on my blog reading, I was reminded of etsy's cuteness. So I headed on over to etsy to steal some creative ideas.

One thing about me is, I love to create, but am not innovative. I prefer to steal other people's ideas and create them for myself (or others).

My current fave is the fabric rosette clip. So I scoured youtube for a tutorial and found the how-to for a fabric rosette.

Here's my attempt:


And I needed some more variety in my life, so I tried this one, too:


Although, for this one I used regular cotton fabric from JoAnn's and cut the fabric into 2-inch circles (I have no idea what she is talking about in the tutorial when she refers to her "sizzle". But I am quite interested if it's more efficient). I do think the bow would be cuter with a more sheer fabric, as she mentioned in the tutorial. But oh well, my creative binges are usually impulsive, so I gotta use what I got. And for simplicity reasons, I just overlapped the circle into quarters. 

All this bow making, sparked an idea for a gift for a friend who just had her first baby, Madelyn Marie. Beautiful name, right? Makes me have buyer's remorse for my two girls' names. 

So here's a peek at the gift that is ready to be shipped:


I'm hoping to send it before she no longer fits into the onesie. To-be-shipped items typically take up residence for weeks at a time on my counters. 






2 comments:

Di said...

shannon - LOVE it :) way to go!!!! you could open your own etsy shop :)

Sarah said...

ooh. i really like those flowers. and that first clip looks WAY easier than those ones we tried when you were here. I think I could make those. I love the fabric you used! Alexia looks thrilled to be your little model. =) Fun! thanks for sharing those links! I'm going to have to make some for Auds. (in all of my spare time...ha ha)
Miss you all! We need to plan another crafty weekend sometime soon. You guys can come stay with us at our house and the men-folk can watch the kids. What say you?