Saturday, February 18, 2012

As of 37 Weeks.

Feeling more huge than last week. And my feelings have been confirmed by most people I see out in public. Apparently I'm a spectacle, I had a store clerk say she was watching me walk up to the store (and yeah, I'll go ahead and name drop, Fresh Market) and felt sorry for me and wondering how much longer I have to go. I will admit that I find it slightly encouraging (only if it ends up being true) that when I tell people my due date (2.5 weeks out), they respond with, "Oh, you'll go before then".

At my 37 week appointment, I was 3 cm dilated, but was assured that women can stay at this for weeks. I found it strange though, because with Alexia I was in full blown labor and when we got to the hospital I was only 1 cm dilated (but got to 4 cm within an hour).

So now it's just the waiting game. If I go early like I did both pregnancies (exactly 14 days early for both), we could have a baby this coming Saturday. I have maintained my jaw line up until this last week, much longer than my past pregnancies. But my face is officially swollen. And an additional awesome surprise is I caught some sinus cold that is something serious. I don't remember being this sick (with a head cold) since I was a working woman (5 years ago). I'm praying my body will kick it, before the endless sleepless nights begin, and it turns into something more serious. But then on the flip side, I would like to have a baby sooner than later. Ugh.

My 38 week appointment is on Friday, should be interesting to see what has developed in a week!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh, good luck Shannon! I'm sure you look beautiful :). We'll pray for a baby this weekend!