Sunday, June 05, 2011

Healthy Popsicles.

I love when I'm reminded of healthy ideas for my girls. Ideas that I'm aware of, but need to be re-inspired by friends every now and then. So in honor of my friend who convinced her husband to go on a smoothie cleansing diet.....

I made smoothies. Masked as popsicles!

I let the girls help me with what they wanted in their smoothie popsicles and they came up with:


Strawberries, bananas, blueberries, apple juice, and yogurt. And I threw in wheat germ, fresh kale and fresh spinach. 

All into the blender, and then into the popsicle molds for the next morning. I promised the girls they could have a popsicle for breakfast.

(A trick I like to do is throw bananas on the verge of being overly ripe, I peel and put in a ziplock and store in the freezer. I've started doing this with other fruit that is about to go bad as well. It's also saved me frustration for the times when the girls ask me for a banana, but only for the fun of peeling it. And then I just use for smoothies!)

And the results?



No melted, spilled popsicle left behind:


1 comment:

Kristie Seale said...

Great! Glad the girls enjoyed.