Saturday, June 04, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Naiya!





Oh, Naiya where do I even start?

You were the surprise of our lives, when we found out you would be joining us with just one year (and two weeks) between you and Alexia. My pregnancy with you proved to be just as miserable as the first, and many vows of never going through this pregnancy thing again were made. I might have even tried to convince your dad to agree. But he refused to have the conversation, convinced my tune would change once I was not pregnant.

And right he was.

You have been such a joy. Your easy going spirit has been so refreshing. Your ability to make people laugh has been so fun to watch. Your Daddy and I have thought countless times that we should change your name to Joy. You have no inhibitions, taking delight in entertaining yourself as well as others. People laughing with or at you just makes you laugh. Which then makes us laugh even more. I can't count how many times I've heard what an amazing little personality you have and how much fun you are to be around. You quickly win people's affections because of your love of life.

I'm pretty sure you are a verbal genius. And you have shocked so many with your well annunciated sentences coming out of such a tiny little body. You're like the Doogie Howser of talking. There have been so many times where we have directed a question to Alexia, underestimating your awareness, and you have piped in with the correct answer! You have an amazing ability to observe and comprehend. I wish I could take credit for it, but I'm sure it's pretty evident that is not my strength!

You also win the teeth award. Those suckers came in with full force. It felt like you and Alexia obtained a full mouth of teeth around the same time. And you are never afraid to show them:



This one, I just might take credit for though.




You are fearless, crawling into the waves, climbing up onto things, jumping off of things. You keep me on my toes! You want to do things on your own, I can hear you saying, "I do it! I do it!" 

I love how cuddly you still feel. And that you still have baby cheeks. I check in quite frequently to make sure you are still committed to staying a baby forever. You're still on board as of now.

You love to sing and will dance to any kind of beat, even me saying over and over, "Go Naiya, go Naiya, go!" 





On your actual birthday we celebrated you over breakfast with Grandma & Pops. And surprised you with an honored seat at the table:





You were showered with gifts from your grandparents near (Grandma & Pops) and far (Grandma & Grandpa Griff - my aunt and uncle in CA).


I imagine a day will come where it will be hard to believe that you were as tall as the bottom of the windowsill. But I will not think of such things right now.




We love you so much Naiya. You are truly one of the best unexpected gifts from the Lord to us. I am honored to be your Mama. Happy 2nd Birthday!









No comments: