Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

This year Ryan started the weekend off with picking up my favorite coffee drink, a vanilla breve, from a local coffee shop on Saturday morning. Then we made a last minute decision at dinner with friends that evening to go camping.  I'm thankful it was spontaneous, because had I more time to think about it, I would have come up with enough reasons to not go with two toddlers.

We didn't get to the campsite until it was dark, but there was enough time to get settled in to our tent and then roast marshmallows for some good ol' fashioned s'mores. Yum. The girls, Ryan and I went to bed together and cozied up on the foam mattress and down comforter we brought. Luxury camping. No hip bones digging into rocks on the ground. And the next morning, everyone woke up well rested. I couldn't believe there weren't any tears during the whole camping experience. Except for the one time Naiya was crying in her sleep saying, "I want thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!"



And so that it would end being a positive experience, we drove on home in time for naps. And a Happy Mother's Day weekend it was. 

And to further celebrate the beloved day, I bought myself my favorite flowers. Ranunculus. 


Aren't they the loveliest things you've ever set your eyes on? Like a cross between poppies and peonies. 

Monday had come, my happy day of feeling appreciated and pampered had ended, and low and behold....these pretties allowed the celebration to continue throughout the week. Found them at Trader Joe's and bought them for myself. (To Ryan's credit, he said he had looked for them, but couldn't find any.) Didn't feel a bit cheated either. They made my life happy every time I walked into the kitchen and saw them on the dining table. Didn't last long, but were beautiful while they lasted.


1 comment:

Kristie Seale said...

How pretty! I love them. I have never seen them.