Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Californian Style Turkey



For Thanksgiving this year, my aunt and uncle made their third trip out here in the past two years. I love that kids are the perfect excuse to pay expensive travel costs and make dreadfully long trips to see one another. I loved every minute of their time here, as always.

Kisses for Grandpa Griff:

For those of you that don't know, I grew up living five minutes away from my aunt, uncle and cousin (one year older than me). And since my dad was a single dad, I spent a lot of time being taken care of by my aunt and uncle (and my cousin too, we have a few funny stories of him protecting me when we were little). So they have always treated me like a daughter. Because of this relationship, our girls will refer to them as Grandma & Grandpa Griff. I feel like I'm able to offer Ryan a second set of parents-in-law through them. Here's my beautiful aunt who just keeps getting younger every time I see her:

And her lucky man:


Most of our time was spent just hanging out and talking, enjoying the girls, eating, shopping and this year we went to Lights on the Bay for the first time. Some of the highlights of the week were morning cups of coffee and chatting (always food for my soul), cooking with my aunt, watching my aunt graciously work her way in my kitchen - you know a woman knows what she's doing when she can cook and clean in your kitchen and not ask a single question - I think I would ask so many questions like, "where does this go?", etc., that it would end up being more work for the other person! My all-time favorite memory is that we taught Alexia to tell my uncle "no, no, no" when he went out for a smoke. Here's our little informant hard at work:


We spent our Thanksgiving dinner with a small guest list. Small for the Grossmans, that is. Guest list: 9 people + 2 babies. Our regular Sunday lunch usually attracts more than that. Here's our fabulous feast:

We're thankful for Life and Health:

Laughter:

And Love:


No comments: