Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Looks A Lot Like Christmas!

Our annual tradition of getting a tree (at our old neighborhood fire house) and having Ryan's homemade chocolate chip cookies and hot cocoa was spent with friends this year. We came home with a six-foot Frasier Fir. I love it!


Here's our crew:


Here's the Peterson crew:


Cookies and hot cocoa at last:



I bought these pajamas for Alexia at a huge consignment sale (Wee Sale) a few months ago, with this particular Christmas Tree evening in mind. Ironically, I went with Anne Marie to the sale. 


Here's our tree, at last! And last year's project, the monogram wreath.


Our mantle substitute (since we don't have one here at the apartment):


I use a tradition from my Aunt Debbi, where each Christmas I add a bell onto each of our stockings. This will be our seventh Christmas as a couple, Alexia has 3 bells and Naiya two. This year I bought real pine garland, and a real pine wreath (super cheap at Home Depot!) I've always wanted to, but I'm convinced to just buy the fake garland from the Dollar Store next year to a) save money and b) not have to fuss with putting on/taking off lights every year. Word to the wise. 

Here's our Christmas-ed out dining room:


And Dollar Store decor:


Personalized things make me happy. Tip: buy a cheap tree skirt and get it embroidered.


Putting out holiday dish towels used to be something that was never on my radar, and once I did recognize this trend, it didn't make sense to me why anyone would throw in Christmas colors to clash with the rest of their kitchen decor (unless green and red was what they had goin' on). But this year, these TJ Maxx finds made me realize how walking into my kitchen each morning to these festive yet practical items could make my day! I find myself getting disappointed when I've dirtied both of them up before I have time to do laundry. 


And here's Trouble:


Hope you are enjoying this Christmas season! 

2 comments:

Sarah said...

oooh. i LOVE your decorations!
1. your tree is beautiful! i bet it smells amazing, doesn't it?
2. your christmas dishtowels are cuuu-ute. i love cute dishtowels!
3. the G wreath is adorable! and so easy! i need to try that...
4. the bells on the stocking is genius. what a neat idea!
5. you have such a great decorating style. i love all your stuff above the stockings. it looks like a magazine. well done.
miss you guys!

Kristie Seale said...

I love the docor Shan. Our tree has no ornaments for the bottom two feet. I did manage to put a few light fluffy ones that I have had since grade school. They are made out of yarn. They are Jonathan's ornaments he can touch.