Monday, July 05, 2010

Potty Training

At two years and one month, Alexia has officially started potty training herself. I find it quite amusing as I was dead set on avoiding potty training until she was closer to three years old. I hoped it would be less effort on my part by then. I like changing her at my convenience, and didn't want to ruin the carpets of our rented condo in the training process.

Alexia has taken the lead on potty training herself in the last couple of weeks. She refuses to wear a diaper and has now learned how to take off her own diaper after I've forcefully put one on her. So I've been letting her run around without one for most of the day. And when she has to go, she will say, "poopy", and then runs into the bathroom and uses a stepstool to get up onto the toilet and goes all by herself.



Our high fives and hootin' and hollerin' has been enough of a reward. Flushing the toilet also seems to be rewarding for Alexia as well. It has now been three days in a row where she has gone "poopy" in the toilet. Amazing.

I have to keep up with her progress, and find it humorous that she's waiting on me to get big-girl underwear and a portable potty.

3 comments:

The Roberts Family said...

All I have to say is you lucky little duck =) Please have Alexia teach Anabelle this go-getter attitude!!

Anonymous said...

I.
am.
jealous.

I've had Cars underpants for Jackson for months and months now and he still isn't that crazy about it.

Maybe this is what I have to look forward to with Audrey? Hopefully it's a girl thing.

Congrats on changing less poopy diapers these past few days. The Parsons are jealous!

Anne Marie Peterson said...

That is hilarious. God's sense of humor :)