Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Merry Christmas 2009

Our girls on Christmas Eve:

This year for Christmas Day, I asked Ryan if we could spend the first part of the morning with just us four. To enjoy a cup of coffee first thing, no hurrying around to set up for anything. To quietly open our gifts to one another, watch the girls open a gift for the first time (well, actually Alexia did the unwrapping for both), and empty our stockings together. Alexia didn't need much help to unwrap each of the CHRISTmas books they received from us.

A book! (Christmas in a Manger....quite the cute book for the record):

I love Christmas pajamas (gifts and hand-me-downs):

One of my stocking stuffers was a fly killer. I'm still not sure how it works exactly. But if you remember, I. hate.bugs. I cannot handle them in my home. One is never too young to be in insect-killing boot camp:

Our peaceful morning breakfast was some of my aunt's Christmas Coffee Cake. She has a tradition of hand delivering them on Christmas Eve. But since she is in California, she lovingly sent ours via mail. It doesn't get any better than this folks:

And for the gift finale....drumroll please. For the couple of weeks leading up to Christmas, Ryan would disappear at the most random times and come back with really lame excuses for where he had been. It's not common practice to leave without telling me, especially since it requires me to be on full-time baby duty. His gift was amazing! A hand crafted distressed mirror for our entryway. I had previously seen a mirror in a Pottery Barn catalog and asked him how hard it would be to construct one of our own. Ask and you shall receive. He was so excited to finally unveil the project he was so diligently working on:

Complete with intricate details:
As for the rest of the day, by 9:30am, Ryan's family came over for brunch and a gift exchange. This year Tim, Tanya and the boys are in northern Iraq and Logan made a trip out there as well to surprise Tanya for Christmas. We spent the rest of the day relaxing and hanging out and then enjoyed a fabulous dinner with our family, housemates and Ryan's aunt, uncle and cousins.

2 comments:

mel @ the larson lingo said...

Sounds like a WONDERFUL Christmas! So sweet of your aunt to send you coffee cake. And the mirror that Ryan made you? LOVE it. That was SO thoughtful of him!

Jocelyn said...

My son got the same book for Christmas!

And hi! I am good friends with Kristie Seale, and she sent me the link to your blog. We live in Austin, and whenever y'all meet up with Daniel and Kristie over Memorial Day weekend, my husband and I may meet up with y'all as well.

I have a blog too, but it's currently set on private. If you'd like to read it, just send me your e-mail address and I'll add you to my reader list. My e-mail is jocelynjanota (at) sbcglobal.net.