Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fickle Finale

It's time to re-bookmark me. This battle to find the perfect blog accomodations continues. I cannot guarantee this is where I'll stay. But bookmark it for now. If you want to know, my reason for switching is mainly because I wanted to upload videos directly to our blog (no more you tube).

I have to confess, I've wanted to blog this month. But I found myself feeling guilty - like I was cheating - by writing posts BEFORE I put the girls' month birthday posts up. Can anyone else relate? Or am I just that psychotic?

Alas, the birthday posts will have to wait. (But I will manipulate the post dates, so no one will ever know.) I can no longer wait to tell you what has caught my latest obsessive-about-creative-projects attention (again, Mel is to blame for this - and do NOT read her blog if you value naps and bedtime for accomplishing housework, because she'll motivate you to get into countless projects!). So, I am making a scarf. Not just any scarf. A Joy's Hope scarf. That's right, I've committed myself to Joy's Hope Scarf Along. And tomorrow I will inform a couple of friends that I intend to force, I mean ask, to join me.

I picked out fabric tonight from Material Gal and hope to make a trip to JoAnn's tomorrow to pick up remaining essentials. For my fabric, I went the custom order route and compiled 9 different fabrics that are jewel-toned. (Sarah and Rach, you would be SO proud! Thank you for exposing me to "jewel toned" colors!)

More to come tomorrow, I need to go to bed. And my husband could use some of my attention too. I promise to get the girls' posts up. Tomorrow. Or the next day.

3 comments:

mel @ the larson lingo said...

yay for a new blog address! love the new layout.
And, by the way....HAPPY BELATED 30th birthday! Hope you had a special day.
I am so glad you are doing the scarf along. Julie peer pressured me into it. My scarf is going to be interesting.
p.s. check out my blog post from today. Totally a cause you & Ryan would love.

Sarah said...

I'm hooked.
HOOKED.
This look so fun!
Thanks for introducing me to even more cool blogs...and the fabric website is going in my bookmarks, for sure. I have been looking for fun fabrics like that. I would love to get in on the scarf project...but I don't know how realistic that goal is for me right now. I'm JUST getting back into cooking meals regularly for the fam again since Audrey arrived. I think that's about all my plate can handle right now.
So I'm thinking, if we can ever get a free weekend to come and see you guys, I'll bring my sewing machine and we can have the boys watch the kids while we do some crafty stuff. What do you say? (I guess I should be asking the boys)

Kristie Seale said...

Wow, sounds awesome! I love the new blog (and the old one).I LOVE blogger because of PICASA but our PICAS isn't working since July .. UGH! I look forward to this weeks posts.