Monday, July 20, 2009

Obsession With Ice




So it is nearly impossible to enjoy a nice, cold drink of ice water around Alexia because of her obsession with ice. I have actually recently switched to drinking water withOUT ice in order to avoid her choking-prone habit. There are exceptions to where I will let her indulge herself, like when we’re with family and her cousin Sterling is all but submerging himself into the ice cooler. But for the most part, the anxiety I get while watching her eat (and sometimes choke on) ice is not worth it. I must say that if I could get over my fear of her choking, ice could be a great alternative to a babysitter. Given the opportunity, Alexia would quietly feed herself ice for hours on end (I’m really not kidding) as you can see in these pictures, where she sucked on a huge block of ice until her cheeks were on the verge of frostbite and fingers purple.

No comments: