Friday, July 31, 2009

Alexia's First Haircut. I Don't Wanna Talk About It


It all started a couple weeks ago. Two days in a row Alexia woke up from each nap with fistfuls of hair. I’m talking fistfuls. After hearing her cry out during one of her naps, I found her psychotically pulling at the hair falling over her eyes. So sad, yet creepy. So that very night I impulsively decided I was going to cut her bangs. Unfortunately, Ryan was on the phone and had no idea what I was up to, because maybe he could have talked some sense into me. I sat Alexia on the kitchen floor and let her go at it with my purse. I quickly took the scissors and attempted to cut her side-sweeping bangs. Why is it that you always go overboard and cut that last chunk waaaay too much? As I was staring at the small curl in the palm of my hand (Alexia still rifling through my purse), Ryan walked in and gave me the saddest look, making me finally snap back to reality and realize what I had just done. I have been an avid bang-hater for girls (sorry if your girl has bangs). And I had just given my daughter bangs. I also simultaneously made her look like a toddler more than ever! I honestly didn’t want to talk about it for a couple days. I made sure her hair was up in a ponytail or a barrette at all times so no one else would notice, because I really just didn’t want to talk about it. How is it possible to feel guilty over a haircut?! It’s like I singlehandedly took away some of her cuteness. Sigh.

Okay, enough with the drama though. The new haircut is growing on me. Or maybe I’m convincing myself it was “practical” and “necessary” as our daughter was inflicting pain on herself in order to get the hair out of her eyes. So here are the before and after shots of the new ‘do.

Before:

After:





No comments: